319 7th St N
La Crosse, WI 54601
Total Workday Control is a book written by Michael Linenberger that discusses how work can be accomplished much more effectively by reconfiguring Microsoft Outlook. It is not a book about tips and tricks but is instead a complete re-think of how Outlook can work for you. When combined with Microsoft OneNote, it revolutionizes how project meeting notes and to-dos can be managed. These same techniques can also be used for a wide range of situations such as with professional organizations, going on trips, or as simple as house maintenance activities.
- Brainstorm the problem with using pen and paper to take meeting notes and to-dos.
- Become familiar with how Total Workday Control changes the functionality of Outlook.
- Learn about the chapter in Total Workday Control that reconfigures the To Do Bar into a powerhouse for managing to dos.
- Explore using the To Do Bar in Outlook to manage to-dos stemming from project meetings or other repeating project related activities.
- Be shown how to utilize Outlook and OneNote together to prep for meetings, take meeting notes and track to-dos that are synced together.
- Become familiar with maximizing these tools across various computer platforms.
About the Speaker:
Todd Aldrich has spent his 28-year career with two goals in mind: helping people and businesses solve problems, and utilizing technology to improve our lives. He started his career training adults in how to use applications such as Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
Todd joined the IT department at Allina Health in 1997, writing training curriculum for a new product to merge the hospital and clinic patient registration processes. In 2002, Todd moved into the role of a Team Lead helping with the implementation of Epic at Allina. By the end of the project, Todd was the Director of Epic Support and Implementation.
In 2010, Todd left Allina to start a new career in healthcare consulting. Todd’s consulting projects have included leading the Epic implementation at Fairview, and implementing Epic optimization projects for many clients. He has also led IT restructuring efforts after a major hospital Epic go-live. Todd is currently consulting at Mayo Clinic’s Department of Radiology on the implementation of Epic Radiant.
Todd lives in Lakeville, Minnesota with his wife and four children. He is currently President-elect of the Healthcare Information and Management Systems Society (HIMSS) Minnesota Chapter which is dedicated to improving health care in quality, safety, cost-effectiveness, and access through the best use of information technology and management systems.
319 7th Street North
La Crosse, WI 54601
7:00am – Sign in, Networking
7:30am – Breakfast and President Announcements
7:45am – Speaker introduction and Presentation
8:45am – Questions